Friday, August 1, 2008

Avatar of War - at peace. GU #47, PR, Thugga & Trakanon down.

GU #47 was pretty exciting for me, mainly for my Mythical fix, I am pretty happy about.
The cure clicky is pretty impressive, it makes me feel useful in the raid now and makes group setups more flexible. Aftershock was changed and it now credits the inquisitor as well as triggers 1.5 seconds faster than it did before so its useful. I am not int spec'd so the extra 15% cast and reuse on the heals that was added to Aftershock was noticeable.

They just need to change the text, because it still reflects the old mythical. Other than the cosmetic changes needed to the weapon I give it a 9/10, if they boosted the damage & damage rating just slightly or made penitent smite hit a bit harder it would be a 10/10, Although my damage was slightly better than normal on VP Trash (by trash I mean Travino, Silverwing, Phara Dar ect).

Also Supple Dogwood Staff got a fix (after a month of me reporting it - four times.) They changed the proc to Cold Swelter, which I think overall will make the weapon better than Bonecrusher in Veshan's Peak Trash even though the Top end damage for Bonecrusher is 2k for me and the Staff is almost 1.6k (but it's a faster weapon). I am going to test them, raid buffed BC is capped out at 2.0 delay and the staff should be capped out at 1.4 delay so I could get more hits in with the Staff which would be better for my 90% double attack, More CA's in with BC, but lower hit rate due to it being level 79 .

All of my weapons are situational.

Bonecrusher for T1-3 Trash.

Supple Dogwood Staff for VP Trash although I am going to try it out in Shard of Hate tonight.

Penitents Absolution and Star of Malice for Harder Trash/Named I can melee on, but I need to heal on as well.

I picked up a couple Adornments for my Trakanon's Gaze and Star of Malice, since that they changed the adornments for all damage types and since a couple of our CAs are melee/divine it added an extra 100 damage per swing and they crit.

Avatar of War was up, I used only the cure clicky to to cure my group just to test it out and it did about 90hps. Nothing spectacular dropped, in fact it was the same item as we got from Disease yesterday. We cleared PR & Thugga while we waited on Trakanon to open, I used my clicky to cure Trak's nox effect which worked well.

No comments: