Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Shame on you SOE! RMT in EQ2.

I am a firm beliver that RMT does not belong in a fantasy game like EverQuest 2.
Some of you may know, I am very much against bots and plat farmers, I've hunted them down, joined bot guilds collected evidence to have them banned.

Many of us were shocked today to see RMT brought in to EQ2 this morning. We were promised that RMT would never be brought to non-exchange servers. Well, SOE put in a Station wallet in today that will allow players to buy in-game items on all servers, exchange and regular live servers.

So far it looks to amount to AA/XP potions, Fluff pets and aperance slot items, but where does it stop?

How hard would it be for them to put "specials" up where they sell gear, levels, plat? They have already put up AP/XP Potions potions for sale!

I've been a regular lurker on this site for a while but I wanted to step in here and dispel something that's just plain not true - I don't have my name highlighted here, but anyone that doubts it's me can email me at jsmedley@soe.sony.com and I'll happily reply.

We aren't going to be allowing RMT in any way, shape or form on the non-exchange enabled EQ II servers. Period. End of statement.

In any event, I wanted to stop in and at least set the record straight - you aren't going to be seeing RMT allowed on the non-exchange enabled servers.

John Smedley
President, Sony Online Entertainmet"

Here is my E-mail:

Shame on you John and SOE for breaking your promise, you are nothing more than lying fucking whores.

No comments: